Want to advertise with Space City Rock? We can’t say we blame you, there — from an advertising standpoint, we happen to think we’re a pretty good opportunity. We’ve been doing this for quite a while now, are pretty well-respected, have a loyal fanbase, usually sit happily at the top of the results you get for “Houston music” in almost every search engine or directory you can find, see visitors from as far away as Sweden, Lithuania, Taiwan, and Australia, and have even won a couple of awards.
In terms of statistics, as of early 2015, we see an average of:
- 840 unique visitors/day
- 3000 visits/day
- 17,000 pages/day
- 24,000 hits/day
- 4.0 GB bandwidth/day
Now, we’re not in this to make money. Heck, if that was our only concern, we’d be running an entirely different kind of Website, believe me. We do this because we genuinely love music (and movies, and comics, and whatever else you might find here) and think the Houston music scene deserves exposure. With that in mind, we try to keep our ad rates reasonably cheap. The table below lists our standard, rock-bottom advertising rates and associated specs, as of Spring 2015.
When you buy ad space, your ad will now run on every page of the site, from the homepage all the way down to the review pages and including the always-popular Shows List. (Note that our older review pages aren’t yet updated, but they will be within the near future.) For one monthly/tri-monthly price, your ad will appear throughout the site. Easy for you, easy for us, everybody’s happy.
We can also do custom ads or ad campaigns, by the way, depending on what you’re looking for and what size/type of ads you want to give us — not everything’s possible within our site design, but we’ll definitely try to accommodate you as best we can.
|1 MONTH||3 MONTHS|
|Large banner (468×60)||$50||$130|
|Small banner (120×60)||$30||$75|
|Vertical banner (120×240)||$75||$200|
- For the rates above, your banner ad (of whatever size) will rotate for a full month.
- Ads can be linked to whatever you choose.
- All ad sizes are in pixels, and standard ads must fit the sizes specified; otherwise, they won’t be displayed. Contact us at the address below for custom sizes.
- Everybody gets equal time. By default, all paying ads rotate throughout the site at the same frequency.
- You can change your ad at any time — just send us the new ad, and we’ll get it updated as quickly as humanly possible.
- Upon request, we can send you weekly reports showing how your ads are doing.
- We do reserve the right to turn down ads, for whatever reason. Some general rules: no porn ads; no ads for medical stuff (you know what I’m talking about); and definitely no ads for the latest Christina Aguilera opus. Sorry.
- Ads can be JPEGs, GIFs, Flash, HTML, or whatever the heck else you feel like using.
- We’re not graphic design geniuses, I’m afraid, so we can’t really offer to design ads for you.
- We don’t put up your ad until we receive payment. The only exceptions we make are for charities or causes we really like (and no, cool indie record labels don’t count as “charities,” even if they make no money).
- The rates above are subject to change, of course, as time goes on. Always check out this page for the most up-to-date info — we’ll keep it updated.
- We realize that not everybody’s a fancy-pants big-time record label; people who are friends of ours and/or are extremely poor can get a Poor Folks Discount. Contact us for details, but be warned that we don’t do this for just anybody, yo.
Please contact us at “gaijin” at “spacecityrock dot com” before sending any payment. If we don’t know what you’re paying us for, then we probably don’t know where you want your ad to go, right? Checks should be made payable to “Jeremy Hart”, not Space City Rock or SCR (sad though it may be, we’ve never gotten ’round to the DBA thing). Send checks or money orders to:
- Jeremy Hart
Space City Rock
P.O. Box 541010
Houston, TX. 77254
If you’d rather not send a check, you can also pay via PayPal by clicking the following link:
(Please contact us before sending us money, however; otherwise we’ll just assume you’re some kind soul who likes what we do and is tossing change into our virtual hat while we busk away mindlessly on the street corner. Just so you know.)
Thanks for considering us!