520 Texas Avenue
Houston, TX. 77002
General Info: This place was known for a couple of decades as Verizon Wireless Theatre, but in 2012 it changed hands and became Bayou Music Center, instead. Not sure what all else has changed inside — I haven’t been to a show there in several years — but in the past, at least, it’s been a nice but fairly no-frills mid-size venue that hosts bands that are too big for Walter’s or maybe the House of Blues but not big enough for Toyota Center or The Woodlands.
I’ve always liked the “riser”-type levels going up from the main floor; when I saw Ben Harper & Blackalicious there many moons ago, it was very cool to be able to just lounge and headbob along, rather than fight to be able to see the stage.
- The Doctor’s Office
- The Skramansion
- Yr. Weekend, Pt. 2: Buxton + Ben Nichols + Nava’s Tour Kickoff + Miss Leslie + Crystal Method + More
- Yr. Weekend, Pt. 2: Daniel Johnston + Roky Erickson + Square and Compass + Holder + The Lotus Effect + The Dead Revolt + More
- Yr. Weekend, Pt. 2: The Wheel Workers (Rev’d!) + Alkari + Harold Borup + Escatones + Rivers + More
- Live: Deadmau5
- Yr. Weekend, Pt. 1: Art Institute + Fitz Birthday + Sunrise and Ammunition + Bike to Party + Venomous Maximus + More
- Yr. Weekend, Pt. 1: Carla Bozulich + Featherface + Brett Detar (Rev’d!) + Lita Ford + Deadmau5 + More
- Live: Wilco/Smith Westerns
- San Benave Concert Series
- The Flamingo Room
- Alvin Opry
- Heights Live!