ABOUT THIS BLOG
The official Space City Rock Blog, featuring news on local Houston musical happenings and occurances, random venting about various things, and fervent ravings on the wonders of music, art, film, and anything else.
E-mail news, info, death threats, etc., to "gaijin" at "spacecityrock dot com"
Axiom Powers, (Re-)Activate! [UPDATED 8/3] [8/02/2007 11:42:00 AM]:
[UPDATE, 8/3/07: Yep, things're changing fast...got confirmation that no, Sugar Shack won't be playing, but a pseudo-"supergroup" of Joint Chiefs & Fleshmop members will be. Awesome.]
[UPDATE, 8/2/07: Just got a note from Kyle of Sugar Shack; seems they're actually not playing the reunion show and had never planned to in the first place. Damn...]
Yes, they may seem like a ragtag, motley crew of bands, but when they unite, they form an unstoppable force...okay, maybe not quite like the Wonder Twins, but what the hey. Got an update on the baaaaadaaaasss Axiom 20th Anniversary Reunion show, coming up on Fri., October 12th and Sat., October 13th, from former Axiom PR/booking person Julie -- there's now an official Website/blog for the show, and the list of bands on there appears to be a little more firmed up than previously seen:
- Academy Black with special guest Michael Haaga of dead horse
- Joint Chiefs/Fleshmop
- Cinco Dudes
- de schmog
- Toho Ehio
- Sad Pygmy
- Bad Samaritans
- the Cave Reverend
- Grindin’ Teeth
- Naked America
- Turmoil in the Toybox
- Jimmy Bradshaw of Squat Thrust
- David von Ohlerking of the Awful Truth
- and more...
Not sure what that ambiguous/menacing "and more..." at the end means, but maybe there'll be some last-minute surprise guests stopping by. Sadly, this update brings a couple of pieces of bad news:
- The much-beloved Pain Teens are not, as was reported by us a while back, playing the show. Apparently they tried to pull it together, but no dice. Ah, well...it would've been cool, but hey, there're enough other awesome bands playing that my heart's not utterly shattered into a bazillion pieces. I still have Sugar Shack (who somehow have a page on the VH1.com site? the fuck?), de Schmog, Sad Pygmy, and Sprawl to look forward to -- hell, I might even be able to drag Kim out of the house to see Sprawl again; she was a big fan back in the day.
- With the closing of local experimental theater troupe Infernal Bridegroom Productions, it appears that the show ain't happening at The Axiom itself anymore. No word on what'll happen to the club post-IBP, but the reunion show organizers are currently working on finding another venue, which will be announced "SOON" (caps theirs, not mine).
More news/info on the show as we get it...
Labels: H-Town News, Public Service Announcements, Things To Dogaijin || Link || E-mail || 2 comments